- Controllers of Personal Information
- What Personal Information About Customers Does G&L Sports Gather?
- What About Cookies?
- Does G&L Sports Share the Information it Receives?
- How Secure Is Information About Me?
- What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
- What Information Can I Access?
- What Choices Do I Have?
- Are Children Allowed to Use G&L Sports?
- Notices and Revisions
- Examples of Information Collected
Controllers of Personal Information
Any personal information provided to or to be gathered by G&L Sports is controlled primarily by G&L Sports, the data controllers, at Bretton Gate, Westwood, Peterborough PE39UZ. Back to top
What Personal Information About Customers Does G&L Sports Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experience at G&L Sports. We use the information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content such as customer reviews and recommend merchandise that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our store and platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: we receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. Click here to see examples of what we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customising future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses G&L Sports. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit websites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalised experience at G&L Sports if we cannot recognise you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- E-mail Communications: to help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from G&L Sports if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Email Preferences.
- Information from Other Sources: we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide features such as personalised greetings and storage of items in your Shopping Basket between visits.
- If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer. Click here for more information on how to sign out.
Does G&L Sports share the Information it receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. G&L Sports shares customer information only as described below.
- Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links) and processing credit card payments. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the UK’s Data Protection Act.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of G&L Sports customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that G&L Sports or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of G&L Sports and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of G&L Sports, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in a way that is contrary to the commitments made in this Privacy Notice.
- With your consent: other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer. Click here for more information on how to sign out.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
What Information Can I Access?
G&L Sports gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with G&L Sports for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. Click here to see some examples. This list will change as our website evolves.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such G&L Sports features as your My Account area and Customer Reviews.
- You can add or update certain information on pages. When you update information, we may keep a copy of the previous version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Email Preferences. (If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of G&L Sports and orders placed with G&L Sports, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
Are Children Allowed to Use G&L Sports?
G&L Sports does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use G&L Sports only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Notices and Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at G&L Sports, please e-mail us a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you: search for a product; place an order through G&L Sports; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us) or you communicate with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; provide and rate Reviews. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as: your name; address and phone number; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped (including addresses and phone numbers); content of reviews and e-mails to us; the personal description in your My Account area; and financial information.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include: updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links from Yahoo and Google); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at G&L Sports include: up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications preferences and address book); payment settings (including credit-card information); e-mail notification settings (including Alerts, Delivers and newsletters); recommendations (including recent product-view history, prior-order history and Favourites); your My Account area (including your product reviews, requests and recommendations, your personal profile).